Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent Reflections: Day 6
By Cortney Donelson











2 Corinthians 9:15 (KJV)Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. 
The gift of Jesus is so precious that there exists no human word or single emotion we can use to describe it. It is, by all accounts, unspeakable. 
I have been given many amazing gifts. This morning, I thanked God for the gift of a new day (because yesterday was certainly not worth reliving). At the top of my personal list of best gifts ever, I would include my husband, my children, and my health. In 1987, I received my favorite childhood Christmas gift - a giant sized stuffed bear that I so ingeniously named, "Bear." I still have him ... er ... I mean, "it." My favorite gift as an adult is by far the vanity license plate my husband gave me after our family was almost torn apart. INTLFAM 
Yet no gift is as precious as everlasting life. No gift can compare to the opportunity to know God, experience His goodness, and have the promise of eternity with Him. No earthly gift can compete with Heaven's greatest gift - Jesus. 
This advent season, let's give thanks together for the most unspeakable gift we've ever received. Let's take a few minutes to sit with the promise of life everlasting... all because a baby was born in a manger. 
Father God, thank You for Your unspeakable gift. May we never take it for granted. May we focus our eyes on the merciful and powerful impact a baby's birth had on both history and eternity. We love You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment